Getting to Know VOX: Arnold Geis takes the Proust Personality Questionnaire
What is your perfect idea of happiness?
- Spending time with family and friends at the biggest feast ever where the wine is fine and the food is sublime.
What is your greatest fear?
- A spider crawling into my mouth while I’m sleeping. That is pure terror.
Which historical figure do you most identify with?
- George Washington, because America.
Which living person do you most admire?
- My wife. I don’t know anyone who can match her cupcake making skills.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
- God forgot to give me tact.
What is your greatest extravagance?
- When Gandalf the Grey gets into town we go cray!
What is your favorite journey?
- The walk from my car door to my front door with steaming crispy chicken wings in my to-go bag.
What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
- Dignity… We come into the world with none and leave the world with none.
On what occasion do you lie?
- When people ask me if I have to go No. 1 or No. 2.
What do you dislike most about your appearance?
- I think there is some Hobbit in my gene pool. I have irregularly harry feet.
Which living person do you most despise?
- Anyone who thinks its ok to vacuum at 3am… Thinking of you ex-upstairs neighbor
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
- “Wanna get wings?”
What is your greatest regret?
- Driving to work with food poisoning.
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- My wife knows she is second to bacon.
When and where were you happiest?
- Cross-country road trip with my mom and brother when I was in grade school.
Which talent would you most like to have?
- Sleep. I’m pretty sure one of my ex-girlfriends had narcolepsy and I am jealous to this day.
What is your current state of mind?
- Just delightful.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Please, Lord, I just want to be able to grow a full beard.
If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- Getting out of bed before 8am.
If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
- A troll.
If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be?
- A bald eagle obviously, because America…
What is your most treasured possession?
- A beautiful old book of famous German poetry given to me by my mother.
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- The two-minute wait for that pizza pocket.
Where would you like to live?
What is your favorite occupation?
- Star Wars Storm Trooper.
What is your most marked characteristic?
- I’m super serious all the time.
What is the quality you most like in a man?
What is the quality you most like in a woman?
What do you most value in your friends?
- Friends who don’t flake!
Who are your favorite writers?
- Goethe, A.E. Housman, J.K. Rowling, Christopher Nolan.
Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
- Iron Man!
Who are your heroes in real life?
- My mother: She worked, went to school, and cared for my brother and I full time all while fighting terminal cancer.
- My adopted family: They had the courage to take my brother and I in and make us part of their family.
What are your favorite names?
- Tamino, Maximus, Regina, Violet
What is it that you most dislike?
- Friends who flake out on you at the last minute way too often!
How would you like to die?
- In my sleep while dreaming of flying unicorns.
What is your motto?
- Always look on the bright side of life.